Villa Stiassni in Brno
Villa Stiassni was built according to plans drawn up by the architect Ernst Wiesner in 1929 for the Brno textile manufacturer Alfred Stiassni and his wife Hermine. It is located in the residential Masaryk Quarter, where a series of important Modernist buildings were erected between the wars. Under the communist regime, the villa and its extensive grounds were used as government property. Now it is administered by the National Heritage Institute in Brno. After the completion of renovation 2015, the building and its extensive grounds were opened up to the public. The site is also home to the research facility – the Methodical Centre of Modern Architecture in Brno.